Pesto is one of my favorites dressing ever! It is easy to make and tastes amazing. One of the main ingredients of pesto is pine nuts which area powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients.
Today I am going to use the pesto to make some delicious main course pasta dish combined with some simple ingredients like roasted asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella.
- 500 g penne pasta
- ½ kg trimmed asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup basil pesto
- ½ drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 mozzarella chees
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente, about 9 minutes, then drains.
2. Preheat oven to 210˚C. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle the olive oil, salt and pepper over the asparagus and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the pesto; sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella together then add the pasta and the roasted asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to a service plate and top with Parmesan cheese.