- 500 g chicken cubes
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of finely sliced almonds
- 4 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add an inch or two of water to a medium saucepan with a lid, and then insert a steamer basket. The surface of the water should be under the basket. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. When you hear the water bubbling and see steam starting to emerge from the pot, it's ready. Scatter the broccoli over the steamer basket. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Steam the broccoli for 10 minutes until tender.
2. Remove the broccoli, rinse under faucet to stop it from continuing to cook and set aside.
3. In a skillet pour the olive oil and sauté the chicken over medium heat until golden brown. Then remove and set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, add the butter over medium heat, then throw the flour and whisk about a minute.
5. Pour the stock slowly followed by the milk while whisking constantly until the batter starts thicken.
6. Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper and the Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is completely melt.
7. In a pyrex, spray some olive oil then add the broccoli in a way that covers the bottom of the pyrex.
8. Put the chicken above the broccoli and sprinkle the almonds on top.
9. Pour the béchamel on top of the chicken and bake in a preheat oven, 180°Cfor about 30 minutes until the top takes a golden brown colour.