Preparation and chilling time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 gm chicken cubes
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 100 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Black pepper
1. Place the chicken in large shallow dish.
2. Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, orange juice and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken and cover.
4. Let it chill for about 30 minutes.
5. Transfer the chicken into a shallow ovenproof dish and bake in a preheated oven, 180C for about 30 minutes until it is cooked through.
6. Transfer to a serving plate and spoon over with the cooking juice
7. Serve with fried rice (check the recipe of fried rice) or steamed rice (check therecipe for steamed rice) and vegetables.