Hello friends! Today I am going to make another delicious fusilli plate! Fusilli with broccoli and anchovies is not only tasty, but also considered as a very healthy dinner. Broccoli is a very good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B1, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), potassium, and copper. It is also a good source of vitamin B1, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, zinc, calcium, iron, niacin, and selenium. Moreover, Anchovies are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals that help in maintaining good health. It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. Anchovies are a good source of vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin C, B-12, B-6, A, E and vitamin K. So let’s get started with our delicious dish!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 250 g roughly chopped broccoli
- 200 g dried fusilli
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g anchovy fillet in olive oil – drained and chopped
- ½ tsp of crushed dried chilies
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta and the broccoli in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until the pasta is al dente and the broccoli is cooked, about 9 minutes, then drains.
2. Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan. Add the anchovies, garlic and crushed chilies and heat over a very low heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Toss the pasta and broccoli into the pan with the anchovy and the other ingredients; add the Parmesan cheese and cook stirring over a high heat for about 30 seconds.
4. Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and serve with some extra parmesan cheese on top