Quinoa is a very healthy seed that you should include in your diet. It is anti-oxidant, gluten-free, full of vitamins and minerals, high in protein content, great magnesium source and very high in fiber. In addition, it assists metabolism and help with weight loss. Today I am going to share with you a simple quinoa salad made with a light and refreshing dressing. Hope you enjoy it!
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
• 2 tbsp cup olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
• 1 ¼ cup of water
• 2 medium sliced cucumber (quarters)
• 2 medium chopped tomatoes
• ¼ cup of chopped parsley
1. Combine the quinoa with the water and bring to boil. Turn heat on low and cook semi-covered for 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Then let cool for 5 minutes.
2. Combine the lemon juice, garlic, honey, pomegranate molasses, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is combined.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, cucumber slices, tomatoes and parsley.
4. Add the dressing when ready to serve and toss to combine.